18 Dec 5 Ways to Keep Snow Out of Your Home This Winter
Who doesn’t love waking up to a fresh, white beautiful snowfall? But with this magical season also comes the potential for big messes when the snow, salt and mud feel like they’re taking over.
Don’t worry. We have a few genius ideas that will help keep your home clean and floors slip-free throughout the season.
Wet Umbrella Solution
They present a common challenge for any homeowner. You don’t want to leave it outside to collect additional debris if it’ raining or snowing, but you don’t want to create a mess by bringing it inside. Here’s a fun idea that you can actually coordinate around your home’s existing decor.
- Find a fun floral bucket. If you like how it looks right away, you can skip the rest of the steps and start enjoying your new umbrella holder.
- Find a color of spray paint that you like and some stencils. You can keep this as simple or get as creative as you like with this easy DIY solution.
A Doormat That Works and Looks Good
But, what other options do we have? A not so pretty, but very functional doormat? Meet the Waterhog Doormat by L.L. Bean. It brings together the best of both worlds – it’s good looking and it works!
It’s available in a variety of colors and sizes, is easy to clean and is made from plastic bottles!
Say Goodbye to Slippery Stairs
Porch steps, garage stairs or other entrances to parts of your home can be dangerous this time of year if they are slippery with snow or ice.
These strips can be used virtually anywhere – inside or outside to keep shoes clean, and more importantly, decrease the risk of accidental slips or injuries.
They also come in a variety of colors to match your particular color preference and can be found on Amazon.
Bring Some Rocks Inside
Well, this easy DIY solution will help you keep your sanity and keep your floors in tip-top shape. If you have little ones, ask them to help with this easy and fun project.
- Build or purchase a simple shadow box.
- Gather some pretty rocks. If you can’t find any nearby, there are plenty of them to choose from online.
- It’s as easy as that! Your new boot tray can be placed in the garage or by the front door. If you come into your house through numerous entrances, make a few!
Brush Your Boots
Its fiber construction allows all boot wearers to clean shoes of any kind to remove mud and mud before it ends up on your carpet or rugs. Given its smart construction, it can also easily be cleaned with a quick shake or vacuum session. And, it just gets better… it will also set you back $19!
We hope that these tips help keep your family safe and your floors looking good this Winter season.
Of course, if you have any questions about building a custom home in the Marion or Iowa City Corridor area, please contact us. It would be our pleasure to answer any questions you might have.