01 Jul What To Expect When Working With Dahl Custom Homes
We often receive questions from potential clients about our services and how they differ from other custom home builders.
So, today, we wanted to share with you a bit more information on that exact topic!
To get started, we think it’s important to explain some of the differences between custom home builders and semi-custom home builders or developers.
Having a basic understanding of this will ensure you’re selecting the right partner for your custom home building needs in Marion, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City Corridor, or surrounding areas.
Here at Dahl Custom Homes, our primary goal is to make our clients’ vision a reality. We genuinely care about building a home – not just a house- for our clients. And, we do everything in our power to make this possible each and every day.
Here are just a few things we do a little differently from some of the other companies out there.
The homes we build are 100 percent custom.
- We don’t do floor plans because we believe you should have the power to select how many bedrooms you want, how large the great room should be, and more.
- We’re more than happy to provide suggestions and consultancy, but you ultimately make all of the final decisions.
- We believe that everyone has a unique vision, and our job is to make that a reality.
We have access to lots in desirable, up and coming neighborhoods.
- Many builders create cul-de-sac communities, which might make you feel forced to be an area that isn’t your dream area.
- We work hard to secure lots in areas that we know are attractive to those interested in building a custom home.
- Please contact us to learn more about the neighborhoods we’ll soon be releasing lots in.
We don’t do model homes.
- We like cookie cutters for cookies, but not for homes. We believe that you should have the power to share your unique vision, and ultimately shape the look and feel of your home from the inside out.
- A few times a year, we do complete a spec home that we have fun designing and selling. That’s always a lot of fun for our team!
We will never sacrifice quality.
- That means that we may not be the least expensive option, but we’re firm believers that your home should last for decades and reflect quality craftsmanship in even the smallest details.
- All of our ‘base model’ homes are equivalent to other builders’ ‘upgraded homes.” That’s because we don’t believe that even a base home should have to sacrifice quality. This is also true with our ‘standard finishes,’ which are actually mid-high end finishes. This approach also helps our clients stay in their budget while still having a custom home that is impeccably built and visually appealing.
There are a lot of options out there for tract homes, but that’s an area that Dahl Custom Homes steers clear of.
Because we believe that a custom home should truly be custom. And, we work directly with clients from day one of the project until the last final detail is complete.
This allows us to get to know our clients – their wants, needs, likes and dislikes, which allows our team to translate their custom home vision into a real-life custom dream home.
If you’re interested in learning more about our process, team or areas we have lots in, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!